Don’t you love getting mail? You never know what might show up. A magazine to read. A card from a friend. Maybe a surprise from a family member.
Sure there are bills, but the excitement of getting everything else kind of makes up for those, don’t you think?
That’s what makes subscription boxes so much FUN! You know it’s coming. You know that it’s something you’re interested in, but what you are getting is a surprise!
And if it’s exciting for you, just think of how it will feel to sign your pet up for their very own subscription box!
Why Get A Subscription Box for You or Your Pet
If you aren’t sold on the whole fun stuff coming in the mail part of pet subscription boxes, there are a lot of good reasons to subscribe.
- No shopping! You get to stay home and the fun stuff is delivered to you! This saves you time and means you have more time to play with your pet and their new toys.
- No tough decisions about what to buy. With so many pet products out there, trying to figure out what you should get your pet can be overwhelming. Think about how much less stress it will be getting a nice curated box each month.
- Try new products. Or at least new to you products. Pet stores are nice, but sometimes their stock can get a bit humdrum. Subscription boxes give you a chance to get some products you might not have even known was available.
- Give your pet a variety. The same toys and treats get B-O-R-I-N-G. Getting a new fun monthly subscription box will bring some excitement to their day.
- Great gift idea! Sometimes it is just so hard to come up with a gift for some people or their pets. Many subscription boxes will let you purchase just 1 box if you want to do a one time gift or give them something to look forward to each month with a monthly subscription.
- Everyone deserves to be spoiled! Whether it’s for yourself or for your pet, sometimes you just have to get something because.
Choosing the Right Pet Subscription Box
With so many different boxes, how do you pick the right subscription box for your pet or yourself?
There are a few things to look and take into consideration when deciding-
- How often do you want to get the box and for what length of time? While most boxes offer a monthly subscription there are some that offer quarterly subscriptions instead. The monthly services may offer subscriptions for a set period of time(Ex. 3-month, 6-month or 1-year duration) or have an ongoing subscription that requires you to cancel when you no longer wish to receive it.
- Can you try a box before committing to a subscription? Some services allow you to purchase one box. This gives you a chance to see if the items in the subscription are up to your standards.
- Do they allow substitutes? Some services will allow substitutes for those with pets who have dietary issues.
- Where are the items sourced from? Knowing where products come from is very important for many people. Some services let you know right away what countries they source products from; If a box you are interested in doesn’t say where their products are from, you may want to contact them to find out.
- How do they determine what to include in the box? Some boxes are curated and the items picked by certain people such as a veterinarian or even a celebrity. Many have profiles that you fill out for you or your pet which help them decide what to include.
- Do they do a theme for each box? Some boxes have items that are based on a theme for that month. Others might do special boxes for the holidays.
- Where do they ship to? Some subscriptions are only available in the country the box originates from, while others ship worldwide. One thing to keep in mind is that if you live in another country if your box gets hung up in customs or doesn’t pass a customs inspection and is sent back, you may be responsible.
- Do they help animals? Many of the pet subscription box services donate a portion of their proceeds to help animal welfare organizations.
You definitely want to be sure to look at the different boxes. Check out their websites for specifics. Be sure to read their FAQs for details about their service and look to see what they’ve included in past boxes.
To find the different subscription boxes for pets that are available, check out the posts I’ve done on subscription boxes for cats, subscription boxes for small pets and birds as well as subscriptions boxes for pet lovers.
Are you wondering if there is a subscription box for your ferret, bunny, parrot or other small pet?
Wonder no more!
I found more than 25 subscription boxes made just for small pets. You're sure to find one for yours.
Looking for the purrfect subscription box for your cat?
Check out this list of cat subscription boxes. There's sure to be one for your cat.
Your pet doesn't have to be the only one to get mail! There are subscription boxes for pet lovers that have you looking forward to going to the mailbox.
Not sure if a subscription will work for your dog?
We reviewed the Bullymake subscription box to help you make the right choice for your dog.
There are a lot of great reasons to subscribe to a monthly pet subscription box and once you find the right one for you and your pet, your sure to enjoy it.
Save to Pinterest for future reference!