Last Updated on
The holidays can get absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y! You are running here and running there. Trying to do this and trying to do that. And sometimes there is no time to get things done that need to get done.
Sometimes that thing you didn’t get done is buying a gift for someone on your gift list.
Don’t worry. You don’t have to show up empty-handed. I got you covered.
Thanks to the Internet, you can get a last minute gift to give your favorite pet lover in no time. Even on Christmas day!
So what exactly can you get someone by just sitting in front of your computer? How about interesting books, beautiful artwork, and more!
Let me show you what fun gifts I found that will delight pet parents.
Books Ideas for Pet Lovers
Don’t you just love when 2 interests coincide and you can find a gift that fits both? When you have someone who loves to read and love pets, a book is a perfect gift to give.
For easy last-minute gift giving, Kindle books can be sent to right your recipient for them to enjoy.
I’ll admit there was a time when I swore I would never enjoy ebooks. I needed a real book to hold to get the whole experience. Now ebooks are pretty much all I buy. I love that I can have a variety of books with me to read at any time. I picked out a few favorites(I love love love the James Herriot books) and some that are on my To Be Read list.
1. James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small 5 book series
2. Unlikely Companions: The Adventures of an Exotic Animal Doctor (or, What Friends Feathered, Furred, and Scaled Have Taught Me about Life and Love)
3. The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs
4. The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill: A Love Story . . . with Wings
5. Homer: The Ninth Life of a Blind Wonder Cat
6. Norbert’s Little Lessons for a Big Life
If you know someone who just has to have an actual book to read, then how about giving them the gift of a brand new book that is coming out. My friend, Peggy Frezon, has an awesome new book coming out in January. You can preorder The Dog in the Dentist Chair: And other true stories of animals who help, comfort, and love kids (All God’s Creatures) and your recipient will receive their own paperback copy when the book is released.
Downloadable Artwork for Pet Lovers
Whether it’s something for our home or something for their cubicle at work, we all love to have artwork that represents something we love around us.
Thanks to the Internet, artists are able to offer their work as a digital download. Who knew we could find artwork online we like and have it in our hands in just minutes! You can print them out yourself or wait until after Christmas and have a bigger print done at a printer and have it framed.
Whether they would love a beautiful watercolor print or a fun saying, there is something for everyone! I picked out a few pieces of pet artwork that really caught my eye.
1. Flying Parrot Watercolor Art by Artsyndrome on Etsy
2. Cute Cat Print by HandmadeLUXArt on Etsy
3. Wagging Tails Wet Noses & Love Print by handnheartdesigns2 on Etsy
4. Chinchilla Watercolor Art by SkyblueRabbit on Etsy
5. Peekaboo Guinea Pig Print by WALLARTGALLERYCIE on Etsy
6. Bunny Line Art print by RPNYDesign on Etsy
Planner and Scrapbook Supplies for Pet Lovers
I’ve been looking at the planner and scrapbooking supplies in the stores and I can tell you they are seriously lacking in good pet parent stuff. Luckily, we can get our fix on Etsy where the Etsy artists have stepped in the make the planner supplies and scrapbooking supplies pet lovers need. I was even able to find stuff for our small pets(check out those hedgehog planner stickers!).
1. Dog Task Planner Stickers by PlanningInspired on Etsy
2. Bunny Planner Stickers by YupiYeiPapers on Etsy
3. Kawaii Guinea Pig Planner Stickers by LaznyeCreaShop on Etsy
4. Tropical Birds Planner Stickers by LittleFoxPlanner on Etsy
5. Printable Cat Planner Stickers by LetsPaperUp on Etsy
6. Printable Hedgehog Planner Stickers by SSCPlannerPrintables on Etsy
If you know a dog loving planner addict>, I recommend having them follow my friends at Kol’s Notes and OhMyDog. They have great planner articles along with some free printable planner stickers that any dog parent would love to have.
Coloring Pages for the Pet Lovering Coloring Addict
These days everyone colors. Doesn’t matter if you are 5 years old or 50. Printable coloring pages mean you can put together a special pet coloring book to give. Here are some pet related ones to include for your pet-loving coloring fan.
1. Printable Cat Coloring pages by carolineillustrates on Etsy
2. Printable Animal Coloring Book by WylieArting on Etsy
3. Color Me Calm Macaw and other Parrots Coloring Book by TreeofLifeEnt on Etsy
4. Bunny Coloring Page by ColoringPageExpress on Etsy
5. Printable Hedgehog Coloring Page by Favoreads on Etsy
6. Hamster Coloring Page by SunnyColoringPage on Etsy
Pet Care Record Books for the Organized Pet Lover
There is a lot to keep track of when you have pets. Vet visits, daily care, favorite food, and treats. Pet care planners and sheets can be a big help in getting organized. And you can find them to suit different needs- from info sheets that tell the pet sitter what they need to know to take of their pets while traveling to records that help keep track of their pet’s health care to planners that organize every aspect of pet parenthood.
Printable Calendars for Pet Lovers
I think it’s a requirement that everyone have a great calendar to start the New Year off right. And it’s something they will use all year long(thinking of you everytime they look at it.) I found so many awesome pet calendars that you can print off to give that it was hard to narrow it down to just a few to show here.
1. Dog Calendar by HollysHandmadeGifts on Etsy
2. Cat Calendar by VeselkaIllustrations on Etsy
3. Hedgehog Calendar by PrintablesWallArt on Etsy
4. Bunny Calendar by ArtPrintsByChrista on Etsy
5. Love is a Four Legged Word Calendar by KittyDogCo on Etsy
6. Cute Cats Calendar by LoveTintedInk on Etsy
Printable Planner Pages and Journal Pages for Pet Lovers
While digital has taken over a large part of our lives, people still love having an offline outlet for their creativity. Journaling has become popular as one way to express that creativity. Decorating planners and making them their own is another way people get creative. Pet-related printable journal pages and planner pages are a way you contribute to their hobby.
1. Printable Dog Lovers Journal Pages by NowPaperGoods on Etsy
2. Printable Hamster Daily Journal Page by CrownedMoon on Etsy
3. Cat with Butterflies Journal Page by DigitalsbyLucie on Etsy
4. Bunny Journal Page by DigitalsbyLucie on Etsy
5. Puppy Love Stationary by YourPrintWisdom on Etsy
6. Guinea Pig Planner Pages by MrsBrimbles on Etsy
Gift Certificates to Give Pet Lovers
Gift certificates may not sound very original, but they can really stand out as a gift especially when they are for something special for their pet. And they let the recipient tailor their gift to something they’d really love or need. Imagine being able to have a custom portrait done of their pet or a beautiful needle-felted sculpture of their pet. Or they could pick a keepsake made from their pets fur or a bandanna with their pets name on it.
And if you aren’t sure what special item they would want, you can gift an electronic Etsy gift card and they can choose from all the sellers.
Or you could go with the e-gift card from Amazon and they can stock up on their pet’s favorites.
1. Custom Pet Portrait Gift Certificate by WildCanaryStudio on Etsy
2. Needle Felted Dog Sculpture Voucher by ArtemisFibreArt on Etsy
3. Custom Fur Spinning Services from FurEverKeepsakes on Etsy
4. Golden Wags Dog Supplies by GoldenWagsDogSupply on Etsy
5. Etsy Gift Card
6. Amazon Gift Card
Save to Pinterest so you are ready when you need last minute gift ideas!