Last Updated on
With all your holiday baking, don’t forget about your dog! In between making cookies and fruitcakes, take some time to make these Christmas dog treats. You only need 3 ingredients. You may even have them already!
1 can dog food(pate style)
+2cups Flour- I used what I had which was tapioca. You may need more flour depending on what flour and dog food you use.
1/4 cup freeze-dried chicken
-large mixing bowl
– cookie stamper or cookie cutter – I used the large snowflake stamper from Michael
-cookie sheet (I used 3 to do the whole batch at one time.)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Open can of food and pour into the bowl. Mix in flour in 1/4 cup increments until it is a dough that is not sticky when touched.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness
- Use your cookie stamper/cutter to cut out your cookies. With the stamper, I found it worked best to set it then push into the dough, then push the stamper down.
- Line your cookie sheets with the parchment paper.
- Place your cut out treats on the cookie sheet so they don’t touch.
- Crumble the freeze-dried chicken on top of the cookies. Press in slightly to help it stick to the treats.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn temperature to WARM(about 150 degrees) and let sit for 2 hours.
I turned off the oven and let the treats stay in the oven overnight to continue drying out.
The next morning they are all ready to take out and give your dog a yummy taste test before breakfast.
Don’t stop at making these cookies. Check out more recipes from my friends in the blogosphere.