Last Updated on
Mellie is thrilled! She is taking part in the Solid Gold’s Free Spirit Challenge for the next 4 weeks. It involves her favorite thing- eating.
Solid Gold got it’s start in 1974 when Sissy Harrington McGill, inspired by the healthy pets in Europe, decided to develop a nutritious food made from natural ingredients. Since that time Solid Gold has gone on to develop a several product lines for dogs and cats that includes dry food, canned food, treats and supplements.
Things to know about Solid Gold
- America’s first holistic pet food.
- No meat by-product meal, corn, wheat, soy, sugar, artificial preservatives or flavors added.
- No ingredients sourced from China.
- GoldSource Core Nutrition in every variety of dry food.
- Tests each batch of dog food that is produced.
- Offers 13 gluten/grain free varieties.
- Dry food is produced in the US.
After completing a pet profile, that included filling out information on breed, weight, activity level and health issues, a Solid Gold Product Specialist recommended Wide-Eyed Dreamer™ With Duck for Mellie and a bag was sent to us. Wide-Eyed Dreamer™ With Duck, a duck, potato and pea based recipe, is a made for medium to large breeds dogs who get moderate activity.
As Mellie enjoys doing her taste test for the next 4 weeks(I’m sure the other dogs will be jealous) we will be checking in here as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to let you know how she is doing.