Last Updated on
When my dogs went missing a few years ago, it was the worse 2 1/2 hours of my life. I had no idea which direction they went in or how far away they had gone. Fortunately, I was able to get them all home safe and sound.
When I learned about the Iota, I couldn’t help thinking how much of a difference it could have made in my search. The Iota is a tracking system that uses a new wireless technology to keep track of the things you love like your pet. How much easier today’s technology makes it know where our pets are and insure their swift return if they stray away.
The Iota system consists of a home base which has the ability to track your pet from 1 to 4 miles away and the Iota a GPS device that you can attach to your pet’s collar.
Some of the features you’ll love about the Iota:
- It’s small measuring 43 mm x 22 mm x 11 mm.
- It’s rechargeable.
- You can set up a virtual geo fence in any shape and size. If your pet crosses that virtual fence line, you’ll receive an alert.
- The alerts come right to your smart phone so you can know no matter where you are.
- A home base will track any Iota in it’s range. The more people who have the Iota home base, the bigger the range to track your pet.
- It can track your pet’s activity level.
- The Iota has a temperature sensor so can alert you when the temperature gets to high for your pet.
- You can set up profiles for anything that you track.
- And you have to love this feature- no monthly fee! Once you make your initial purchase of the home base and Iotas, that’s it! There’s no monthly fee to use the Iota.
The Iota is finishing up a KickStarter campaign. The funding period ends on August 14th so you still have time to back the campaign. There are a several levels of pledging including levels that give you the opportunity to receive the Iota when it first ships in January 2015.