When it comes to buying dog toys, I tend to watch my wallet. While I am sure my dogs get much joy from ripping apart a $12 toy a half hour after I give it to them, I am left feeling like I should have just put the money right into the trash. Because of this I tend to buy toys from the dollar stores that they can happily destroy for much less.
But I still stay on the lookout for toys that are less destructible. I saw the Skinneeez Stuffingless Dog Toys* while shopping in a dog catalog outlet store. It had 2 things I thought might increase its longevity- it had no stuffing that they would enjoy pulling out and trailing through the house and it didn’t really have any small parts that they would pick at until they pulled it off. The only thing that made me reconsider putting it into my basic was the material felt a little thin to me. So I decided to ask the cashier’s opinion before she checked me out. Maybe I should have worded it different and not ask how indestructible it was, because the answer she gave me was “every toy can be destroyed”. Ah, duh, not helpful and it doesn’t provide much information to me.
Luckily, I decided to buy the product anyway because this has actually become one of mine and my dogs’ favorite toys. Yes, they kill the 2 squeakers it contains in no time, but other than that the toy has stayed intact. Over a year later, they still play with the Raccoon originally bought along with a Fox I bought them.
- No stuffing so nothing to clean up if your dog is one that likes pulling the stuffing out.
- They do have ears and feet which may entice some dogs who are really intent on chewing, but they don’t have the boggly eyes or felt doodads sticking off them that some toys have.
- Even though the material doesn’t seem sturdy, it holds up to my dogs rough play including playing tug with me and each other. It might not be as sturdy for bigger dogs.
- There is a mini-size for the little guys to enjoy. The large is about 24 inches long and the mini about 13 inches.
- They can be washed with no problems.
- The only issue I had was with my dogs killing the 2 squeakers. Fortunately, they still enjoy playing with the it.
So the Skinneeez Stuffingless Dog Toys* is a toy I would recommend, but as with any toy watch your dog while they play with it and inspect it often to insure it is still safe to play with.